Friday 9 February 2007

Smoking



In my whole life i have never been tempted to try a cigarette. The reason being, the thought of breathing smoke into my lungs scares me. I find it hard to understand that some people do this to fit in, it is a major step to get people to like you when really, if this is what you have to do then they aren't worth knowing. At least that's what i tell my children who range from 15 to 21. However, if they choose to smoke i will loose no respect for them as it is their decision to make. i feel that it is made to look far more glamorous than it is as shown in the above picture.


Children these days are starting to smoke younger and younger and although people tell us what a big problem it is, and how it needs to be stopped, the people who have the power to save ouir childrens lives do not seem to want to do anything that will compramise the amount of money made from this business.
if i were to list the pro's and cons based on my opinion and knowledge of smoking im sure they would be very different to those of a smoker or a scientist or even another non-smoker. At the end of the day it is a very contraversial subject that can only be decided on by each individual person, not by the opinions of those around them.

1 comment:

smurfie said...

Hi just to let you know I have left a comment on my blog if you want to have a look as I would love to know the answer to my question!!!!